Friday, August 13, 2010

5 Bands I Can't Live Without

So here's 5 bands that I don't think I'd enjoy life as much if I couldn't put on some of their music every once in a while. They aren't even really necessarily my favorite bands, I just really really appreciate their music. I'll leave hip-hop artists out of this though. Save it for another day.

Ratatat. They have a sound like no one else. Just guitars and drums and some added things here and there. Always makes me happy to hear an original riff come from one of these New York boys guitar.

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Classic American rock and roll. Ketis has a voice that gives meaning to teh song and really makes you feel it, and their bassist Flea is just plain incredible.

Daft Punk. I dunno, just something about them. Geniuses of their craft, electronic music at it's finest.

Less Than Jake. I've always said it's impossible to frown when you are listening to Ska. These guys prove that to a tee.

Death Cab for Cutie. Ben Gibbard's songwriting skills are proof that he has probably the best understanding of the English language of any artist out there. Simply the most clever lyrics ever. And great music to accompany them.

No comments:

Post a Comment